Now that Ethan’s in school and Brett’s spending all day at the house, I’ve left him a list of things that I’d appreciate help with around the house.
Today, he decided to check off “clip hedges and bushes in front yard”….
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:09 PM
I have been busy today. Here is what I have done today:
- I got up around 9ish or so.
- showered, shaved, all that good stuff.
- Answered some emails
- Prepped for interview this afternoon
- bought dutch chocolate ice cream and magic shell (I’m PMSing, so this is survival instinct)
- got the clippers and rake
- went to town on the porch bushes
- got out the ladder to get them all
- trimmed the top of the bushes
- clipped the bushes between us and the next door nieghbor
- raked up the clippings from his side of the hedge
- did finishing touches on his side of the hedge
- cut the extension cord in two
- finished raking up the clippings on his side.
- put all the clippings in the compost pile
- flipped the fuses back on
- put the severed head of the cord in the car so I can replace it
- email you
Even more hilarious is the fact that the whole reason I own those hedge clippers is because Julie’s ex-husband had severed the cord for them aeons ago, and she has used a landscaping service since their divorce. So they were sitting – cut-corded – in her garage for years……..