- Brett and Ethan went to see Wrestling in the evening.
- Someone broke an actual wall in the Centennial ballroom at the Hyatt.
- Brett overheard supergirl say to a stormtrooper “How much Jell-o are we talking, exactly?”
- I stayed home to enjoy some peace and quiet.
Saturday, 30 August 2008
- We all got up at Ethan’s usual 7:30 wake-up moment
- Took the car to the train station – the train Downtown.
- Dragon*con Parade!!!
- Watched a martial arts demonstration until Ethan got antsy
- Went to lunch at the super-crowded Peachtree Center mall, ran into Lenice and Andre, and their friend Lee
- Ran into Uncle Ronnie while buying Pokemon cards
- Star Wars Stars’ panel. Ethan’s quote “There was a lot of these guys talking and there was a lot of laughing…”
- My headcold got the best of me. Ethan’s patience wore out. We went home and left Brett to geek out solo for a while. He saw the very best panel of the Firefly stars.
- Brett also spotted the Cookie Monster Slayer pictured above right. I decided this was hands-down the most creative costume, and thus she gets the photo spot of glory.
Sunday, 31 August 2008
- My headcold grew to Keesli proportions. I was quarantined for the remainder of the weekend.
- Brett and Ethan took many photos with many people…
- Batgirl thought Ethan was cute and gave him a bat-token of her affection
- Ray Park (Darth Maul) signed Ethan’s lightsaber – “Feel the force!”
Monday, 1 September 2008 (Labor Day)
- Padawan Jedi class – coloring, whacking each other with lightsaber noodles, and Darth Vader reading the kids a story… what more can you ask for?
- Brett and Ethan watched the Saber Idol competition until it got boring
And then we all collapsed in a heap. Well, two separate heaps, actually, because I was still quarantined……