There are a number of authors who don’t make the “on the shelf” cut because I simply don’t keep their work once it enters the house. I am content to read it on kindle. I don’t need to pass it along to the next set of eager hands. I will happily recommend their work, and I love their books and writing. I just don’t foresee myself rereading the books either.
Many of these authors are writing series of books that I enjoy and follow. Like my Comic Book post the other day, I’m going to list the series I’m in the middle of, and how far along I am reading them.
Already On the Shelf:
- Patricia Briggs – I’m going to read Frost Burned next week, that will keep me up to date with both the Mercy Thompson series and Alpha / Omega series
- Jim Butcher – Proven Guilty is where I’ll start back into the Dresden Files.
- Brandon Sanderson – I’ve still got to read Alloy of Law, and even though I know it will kill me to start a series that’s unfinished, I’d like to read The Way of Kings as well.
- Ann Aguirre – Sirantha Jax series, I’m on Doublebind
- Jeff Overstreet – I believe I’m on book three of the Auralia thread… will have to check my list
- Anne Bishop – I’m on Book 2 of the Ephemera series
Other Authors I love:
- Yasmine Galenorn – I have read both Otherworld and Indigo Court. I really prefer the Otherworld series. I’m on book 10 Courting Darkness
- Ilona Andrews – reading both the Edge series and the Kate Daniels series. Only on book 2 of the Edge, Bayou Moon. I’m waiting for Magic Rises of the Kate Daniels series, and need to get my hands on Gunmetal Magic.
- Karen Chance – her Cassandra Palmer series, next up is Hunt the Moon
- Carrie Vaughn – Kitty Norville series I’m on Kitty Steals the Show
- Eileen Wilks – Lupi series – I have read all of them except the most recent, Mortal Ties
- Kelly Gay – Charlie Madigan series – have Hour of Dust and Ashes impatiently waiting
- Gini Koch – Aliens / Kitty Katt series – only on book 2 – Alien Tango
- Kevin Hearne – Iron Druid series – books 4 and 5 is going on vacation next week (Tricked and Trapped)
I’m not including the series I’ve finished, or those that I’ve abandoned. There are some that I enjoy a great deal but have grown frustrated or bored with over time. That might be a post for another day. These are the ongoing loves for which I will chase down publication dates and novellas in anthologies.